Effective Date: May, 2021
1. The ways we collect personal data about you and why we do so.
2. How we use your personal data.
3. The choices you have about your personal data.
1. The Data We Collect
The categories of personal data we collect depend on the Services you use, and the requirements of applicable law.
1.1. Data You Provide Us Directly
1. Contact information (such as name and email address or phone numbers)
2. Username and password
3. Profile information (such as profile photo)
4.Your messages to the Service (such as chat logs and users support tickets)
5. Other data you choose to give us (such as data to identify a lost account or data you provide to participate in survey or promotional programs)
1.2. Data We Collect Automatically
1. Data about your account and crawl, including in most cases an automatically created internal account ID
2. Your IP address and mobile device identifiers (such as your device or advertising ID)
3. Data about your device, such as device name and operating system, browser type and language, internet service provider, and mobile carrier
4. Data we collect with cookies and similar technologies (see more below)
5. Approximate location data (as derived from IP address)
6. Data about your use of the Service, such as service data and your interactions with other users inside the Service
1.3. Data We Collect From Our Partners
We also use third-party partners, such as social networking sites, data analytics providers and advertising networks to supplement information we have about you, such as:
1. Data we receive if you link a third party tool with the Service (such as Facebook, WeChat or Google)
2. Demographic data (such as to determine the coarse location of your IP address)
3. Data to fight fraud (such as refund abuse in Service or click fraud in advertising)
4. Data from platforms that the Service runs on (such as to verify payment)
5. Data for advertising and analytics purposes, so we can provide you a better Service
6. Data that you have made available to us from a third party service (such as Google or Facebook) via your privacy settings
2. Why do We Collect Your Data
We use your data for a variety of business purposes, such as:
2.1. To Make the Service Work
To perform the contract, we process data necessary to:
1. Create accounts and allow you to use our Service
2. Operate the Service
3. Verify and confirm payments
4. Provide and deliver products and services you request
5. Send you Service-related communications
2.2. To Make the Service More Suitable for Our Users
To provide a great Service to our users, we have a legitimate interest to collect and process necessary data to:
1. Update and develop profiles
2. Develop and improve the Service and user experience
3. Manage our relationship with you
4. Provide social features as part of the Service
5. Customize your Service experience
6. Respond to your comments and questions and provide user support
7. Provide you Crawl Chicago offers in the Service as well as in other websites and services, and by email
8. Send you related information, such as updates, security alerts, and support messages
9. Enable you to communicate with other users
2.3. To Show Personalized Advertisements
To show you personalized advertisements in the Service as well as in other websites and services (including email) we have a legitimate interest to process necessary data to:
1. Track the content you access in connection with the Service and your online behavior
2. Deliver, target and improve our advertising and the Service
For information on how to opt-out from personalized advertisements, see section 'Your Rights and Options' below.
2.4. To Keep the Service Safe and Fair
Ensuring a level playing field in the Service is a top priority for us. For more information on our acceptable use policy, see the Crawl Chicago Terms of Service.
In order to keep the Service and its social features safe and fair, to fight fraud and ensure acceptable use otherwise, we have a legitimate interest to process necessary data to:
1. Analyze and monitor use of the Service and its social features
2. Moderate chats either automatically or manually
3. Take action against fraudulent or misbehaving users
2.5. To Analyze, Profile, and Segment
In all of the above cases and purposes, we may analyze, profile and segment all collected data.
2.6. With Your Consent
With your consent, we may process your data for additional purposes.
3. Who Can See Your Data
Apart from Crawl Chicago, your data can be accessed by others in the following situations:
3.1. Other Users
Social features are a core component of our Service. Other users may, for example, see your profile data, in Service activities and read the messages you have posted.
3.2. Our Service Providers
Crawl Chicago has vendors to facilitate our Service. These vendors process your data only at and according to Crawl Chicago´s instructions to provide the Service, and perform tasks such as hosting, user support, advertising, analytics and fraud prevention.
3.3. Other Companies and Public Authorities
In order to combat fraud and illegal activity, we may process and disclose data with other companies and organizations and provide it to public authorities in response to lawful requests.
We may also disclose your data based on your consent, to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users or others.
3.4. Advertising and Social Media Partners
The Service includes features from our partners, such as social media interaction tools, functionalities through application programming interfaces (APIs) or software development kits (SDKs) and in Service advertising. A list of these partners is available at Crawl Chicago.com/partner-opt-out. These partners may access your data and operate under their own privacy policies. We encourage you to check their privacy policies to learn more about their data processing practices.
These partners may access data regarding your activities and your device (such as your IP address, mobile identifiers, page(s) visited, location, time of day). We may also combine and share data we have collected about you with third-party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this data (and similar data collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit third-party services within their networks. These partners may operate under their own privacy policies. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising.” If you prefer not to share your personal data with third-party advertising partners, you may follow the instructions in “Your Rights and Options” below.
4. Your Rights and Options
4.1. Opt-out of Marketing Emails and Other Direct Marketing
4.2. Push Notifications
We may send you push notifications through our mobile applications. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your mobile device.
4.3. Opt-out of Targeted Advertising
You can opt-out of interest-based advertising on mobile applications by checking the privacy settings of your Android or iOS device and selecting "Limit Ad Tracking" (Apple iOS) or "Opt-out of Interest Based Ads" (Android).You can also opt out from personalized in-app offers through the options provided in the app settings.
4.4. Access the Personal Data We Hold About You
If you request, we will provide you a copy of your personal data in an electronic format.
4.5. Your Other Rights
You also have the right to correct your data, have your data deleted, object to how we use or share your data, and restrict how we use or share your data. You can always withdraw your consent. We will respond to all requests within a reasonable timeframe. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third-party dispute resolution provider (free of charge).
If you wish to exercise any of your data subject rights described above, please use the support options described in “Contact Us” above. We will respond to all requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we may also take additional steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request, such as by requesting you provide us a purchase receipt or other account information, asking you to link your email address with your account (for example through Crawl Chicago ID), or asking you to answer questions regarding your activities on our Services. Once you have verified your identity, you may also designate an authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf by providing the agent’s contact information to our customer support staff, as required by applicable law. You may have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment as a result of your exercise of these rights.
5. Cookies and Similar Technologies
We and our partners may collect and store information about users' interactions with unaffiliated websites and applications that use our technologies, including cookies and similar tracking technologies. This allows us to infer the presence of a common user or household behind multiple devices or browsers, for instance, and then link those browsers and devices into a device graph. We do so in order to:
1. Detect and prevent fraud
2. Allow users to use the Service on one device and pick up seamlessly where they left off on another device.
3. Analytics, personalization and attribution.
4. Limit the number of times a user is shown the same advertisement, across all known or inferred devices.
5. Provide personalized advertising on each device that is inferred from the browsing patterns on all of the devices.
For more information (including how to opt out), please visit https://Crawl Chicago.com. You can disable cookies in your browser settings, but some parts of the Service may then not function properly.
6. How Do We Protect Your Data
6.1. Security Safeguards
In order to help ensure a secure and safe user experience, we are continuously developing and implementing administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your data from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration.
6.2. Data Retention
We retain your data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the Service. We may for example periodically de-identify unused accounts, and we may regularly review and de-identify unnecessary data.
Note that if you ask us to remove your personal data, we will retain your data as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
7. Contact Us
If you have questions about data protection, or if you have any requests for resolving issues with your personal data, we encourage you to primarily contact us through the support features within each Crawl Chicago service, so we can reply to you more quickly.
Alternatively, you may contact Crawl Chicago at:
Address: 3145 N Clifton Ave. G, Chicago IL, 60657